Daily Bible Readings
Week 72: February 12-17, 2018
❏ Monday Acts 10:1-11:30
❏ Tuesday Acts 12:1-25
❏ Wednesday Acts 13:1-14:28
❏ Thursday Acts 15:1-35
❏ Friday Acts 15:36-16:40
❏ Saturday Acts 17:1-18:23
Note that the readings are assigned from Monday to Saturday, leaving Sunday as the day to catch up, and also indicating that we will be corporately hearing the Word at church. The following questions are optional, for your personal growth.
Study Questions: Week 72
1. The book of Acts, though in summary the story of the early church, traces this story largely through two people: Peter and Paul. As you read through Acts this week, watch for Peter and Paul!
2. How does the Lord open Peter’s eyes to the necessity of bringing the Gospel to Gentiles?
3. Where was the Church first referred to as “Christians”?
4. Who was the first of the Twelve to be martyred, and by whom?
5. How did Peter get out of prison?
6. How did Herod die?
7. Chapter 13 begins Paul’s first missionary journey. Who goes with Paul?
8. What is the result of Paul’s sermon in Antioch?
9. Why do Paul and Barnabas leave Iconium?
10. How are Paul and Barnabas treated in Lystra?
11. What decision does the Jerusalem Council make regarding what requirements are to be put upon the Gentiles who believe?
12. Why do Paul and Barnabas separate? Why is this both a good and a bad thing?
13. Who joins Paul and Silas at Lystra, and why was he circumcised?
14. What happened to Paul and Silas while in jail in Philippi? What was the result for the jailer and his family?
15. How are Paul and Silas received differently by Thessalonica and Berea?
16. How does Paul use a statue as an object lesson in Athens?
17. How is Paul received by the Jews in Corinth? By the Gentiles?
18. Who is Apollos?